Chainfeed is a global LIVE newsfeed powered by Bitcoin Cash blockchain.
In essence, chainfeed is a real-time log of all OP_RETURN transactions, delivered to you straight from the blockchain and rendered on-the-fly on the client side.
The feed is a collection of "cards" that can be customized for each application protocol effortlessly, purely on the frontend.
1. Data-only: Unlike traditional blockchain explorers, Chainfeed is built from scratch to ONLY specialize in transactions that contain data (OP_RETURN transactions).
2. Profile: Try clicking on any account link, it will take you to a "profile" page, which contains a comprehensive log of all OP_RETURN transactions for that address. Even if you signed up to multiple apps (or protocols) using the same address, you should see the "activities" from ALL of those apps show up on the feed. Think of it like a Facebook activity feed, but for Bitcoin.
3. Avatars: The avatars are auto-generated from each user's address using a random avatar generator in order to ensure cross-application visual identification.
4. LIVE Filter: The search bar lets you filter the incoming live feed. The filtering currently takes place purely on the frontend in order to minimize centralization.
5. Shareable and Bookmarkable: Every filter query and every Bitcoin address has its own feed and the corresponding permalink that can be shared and bookmarked.
6. Apps: There are currently two tabs: "all" and "featured apps". "All" is the raw OP_RETURN feed. "featured Apps" is for applications that have their own overlay application protocols (such as memo.cash or blockpress so far). It's still early days so there aren't many apps that make use of the OP_RETURN data transaction feature yet, but we will probably see a lot of exciting apps soon..
If you're building a new BCH application protocol, please reach out so we can build a custom card for the protocol, as well as include it in the "featured apps" section!